Summative Work & Formative Work
All grades will be reported in Infinite Campus. Both formative and summative scores are reported in Infinite Campus with the weights being:
- Common assessments will be created based on grade level/content area standards and used in all courses where more than one teacher teaches the course.
- Teachers will practice grading common assessments together to establish interrater reliability to ensure consistent grading of common assessments.
- Teachers may need to edit the common assessments based on skills taught that term; however, if editing a common assessment, it must be consistent across all teachers of the grade level or course.
Test corrections and/or retake opportunities should also be provided without penalty.
Students should be told which standards they passed and which they did not on the assessment.
Students should demonstrate action toward learning material before a retake is granted. For example, a student could make test corrections on the last assessment before retaking the assessment. Otherwise, the retake could lead to the same results.
Retakes should be a different test or assessment (of the parts that were missed), not the same test or assessment.
Grading Group Work
If the group work is summative, no group grade will be given to the whole group.
There must be an individual portion or individual after-product to include an accurate representation of each student’s individual knowledge and to reduce bias.
Group work can also be used as an ungraded learning activity or unweighted formative assessment instead of summative.
- Extra credit will not be offered in any CSD classes or courses.
- Students must learn and master standards, and all grading should be related to mastery of content standards.
- Reteaching and retakes will be offered to attain the skill/mastery and improve the grade rather than providing unrelated extra credit opportunities.